Recent changes that were approved affect fisherman and several popular fishing spots. The new rule amendments are as follows:
* Paddlefish anglers will be required to attach their paddlefish permit number to their fish, and it will be a requirement for paddlefish viscera to be removed before leaving the state. Additionally, paddlefish anglers will be required to have a free annual paddlefish permit. These paddlefish rules are currently in effect under emergency rules.
* The Illinois River was defined as the area from the confluence of Baron Fork Creek downstream to the Horseshoe Bend boat ramp.
* The boundaries on the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System were clarified.
* Spotted bass were exempted from length limits statewide except for certain streams.
* Spotted bass bag limits were removed statewide except for certain streams.
* Alligator gar rules were modified after public hearings to define the closed area, shorten the period of closure and restrict all angling methods.
* The use of non-metallic materials will be allowed where natural materials do not exist for attaching limblines.
For more information, please visit http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/