Lake Texoma Fishing Report – everything big is biting at Lake Texoma right now. Get out there and have some fun! Here are a few we caught in our secret spot.
Before heading out to the lake this season, make sure to brush up on the latest changes to the fishing regulations for the Oklahoma lakes listed below:
- The 13-16-inch slot length limit on large and smallmouth bass at Lake Elmer Thomas was deleted to help increase opportunity for anglers to harvest what is currently a surplus of fish.
- All the ponds on the Black Kettle National grasslands were added to the list of lakes with a 14-inch length limit on black bass.
- All Sooner Lake anglers must immediately release all striped bass under 20 inches in length to help manage the fishery for trophy striper fishing opportunities.
- The daily limit on striped bass at five daily statewide except at Lake Texoma where limits would remain at 10 daily with no more than two measuring greater than 20 inches.
- Kaw Lake anglers can keep up to 20 striped bass hybrids and/or white bass combined, with no more than five over 20 inches in length.
Most people know Lake Texoma as a great striper bass fishing lake, but it also an excellent fishery for largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, blue catfish, crappie and sand bass.
Recently, a friend and I went fishing with Ray Farrior, owner of Snowgoose Guide Service. We did a combo trip – fish for our limit of striper – and then go on the hunt for big largemouth and smallmouth bass.
We had a GREAT trip with Ray, catching lots of stripers by the Roosevelt Bridge. And I must say, Ray is a professional through and through. His boat was impeccable; very clean, well organized, and safety gear readily available on both sides of the boat. I was very impressed with how he approaches his fishing guide business.
Although the stripers are a bit smaller than usual this year due to the shad die off over the winter, Ray still got us right where we needed to be and the action was excellent. The trip took a very interesting turn after we limited out on striper and went on the hunt for bass. My friend hooked into something big and it took awhile to get it in the boat. Once he got it close to the boat, we all could see that it was a monster largemouth! He ended up catching the biggest bass of his life – and the biggest bass ever hauled into a boat that I’ve been in – an 8.5 pound HAWG! It was awesome!! I was also able to get some video – take a look at it here.
I highly recommend that you book a fishing trip with Ray Farrior on Lake Texoma. You will have the best trip of your life. Thank you Ray for an awesome fishing trip!!
This weekend is Oklahoma’s annual Free Fishing Weekend! That’s right, you don’t need a license to go fishing – so grab your poles and some kids and get out there!
Please Note: Certain city permits may still apply to specific fishing areas during Free Fishing Days. If you are going to Lake Texoma, be aware of and abide by all Texas fishing license and permit requirements when fishing the Texas portion of Lake Texoma this weekend. The Texas Free Fishing Day is Saturday, so you will be able to fish both Texas and Oklahoma portions of the lake for free that day only.
Read the full story here!